Thursday, August 26, 2010

Patricia Shackelford, My Hero

One of the first blogs I discovered -- putting aside the friends & family "watch baby grow" variety -- was Patricia Shackelford's shelter blog, "Mrs. Blandings." She recently wrote a compelling post titled "On Blogging," which I was certain would end with the pronouncement that she was giving up blogging. Fortunately, I was wrong. In discussing the growth of her blog, she made this comment, which really resonated with me: "I wasn’t 'building a brand' or 'leveraging social media' and frankly that whole concept makes me mentally gag a little."

Patricia, I'm 100% with you. I'm still not certain what I will do with this blog, if anything, but I do know that there will be no brand-building here, and no leveraging of social media.

Rock on, Mrs. Blandings.

No comments:

Post a Comment