Monday, July 19, 2010

Gone Fishin'

Well, not fishing exactly. Rather, I spent the month of June spinning from kiddie swim practice drop off, to the park to quickly exercise the dog, back to swim practice pick up, showering and lathering my kids with prescription cream for their chlorine rashes, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, running errands, and exercising the dog again. All in record high temps and high humidity. Lather, rinse, repeat, and add two sets of houseguests.

July has been completely relaxing by comparison. The kids, the puppy, and I spent the past three weeks in the kid/dog/mom paradise that is Monteagle Assembly, TN. (Pictures to follow, but I can't vouch for their quality given that I take 99.9% of my photos on my iPhone these days.)

We are now back home, both kids are at day camp in the woods north of Atlanta this week (yay! my one kid-free week this summer!), and I hope to rededicate myself to some blog posting.

Back soon! And, by the way, if you have a tip for removing blue Sharpie from leather car upholstery, I'm all ears. Sweaty sunscreened backs + blue Sharpie swimmer names and shark drawings = SUV that is now 100% completely mom'd. (See YouTube video "Mom My Ride.")

No comments:

Post a Comment